Skip: "You guys. You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? Larry!"
Larry: "Lollygaggers!"
Skip: "Lollygaggers."
Bull Durham (1988).
It's official. I'm a lollygagger. How is it that I could have so much to do and accomplish absolutely nothing over the weekend? I didn't work--either on the house or my job; I didn't cook one meal (unless slicing a banana for Jack counts as "cooking"); I didn't catch up on Facebook or email; etc. You get the drift.
So what did I do? Went shopping and out to eat with my mom and Jack; continued reading Mrs. Kimble; started organizing my bathroom drawers. Which I didn't finish and will have to stay up late tonight completing so that Ned doesn't blow a gasket when he gets home.
I think Jack is cutting another tooth and he has a diaper rash from too many messy diapers today. Bless his little heart. Or at least I thought so until he tried to kick the living daylights out of me when I put diaper rash cream on him tonight. I had to show him who's the boss. The boss is me in case you're wondering.
Tara, my niece, showed up tonight to begin her summer job watching the kids. I was watching The Nanny Diaries when she arrived (no joke) so I got some real pointers on how to treat "the help." Just kidding. She did straighten up the living room at the end of the night and she wasn't even on the clock. I think this is going to be a good situation.
Love,
Allie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment