Samantha and Jack

Samantha and Jack

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Maroon 5

Did I ever tell you about the time Ned and I went to see Maroon 5?

A little background is necessary.

November 3, 2009: I hear on the radio that tickets are still available for the upcoming Maroon 5 concert to be held at VT. That evening at Chez Skinner-

Allie: Hey. Did you hear that Maroon 5 was coming to Virginia Tech on November 10? I just love them.

Ned: I didn't know they were coming (even though I work at Virginia Tech and spend countless hours there). You know what? We should have a date night, get a sitter for the kids, and go. I could get one of the swimmers to babysit and we could grab dinner out as well.

Allie: That sounds great. I can't wait. Tickets are still
available. I think you get them through Squires.

Ned: I'll check into it.


November 5, 2009: I'm feeling pretty confident that Ned is going to surprise me with the Maroon 5 tickets tonight. I also am going to suggest that we go out to dinner somewhere downtown the night of the concert. Probably Boudreaux. So excited.

November 7, 2009: Still no word from Ned regarding status of the Maroon 5 concert. I'll bet he is going to surprise me at the last minute. How romantic. I don't want to ruin the surprise so I will not nag him about plans.

November 8, 2009: Planning meals for the week. Probably should just plan on picking up a pizza for the kids and sitter on Tuesday rather than trying to fix something. Will probably have too much to do between leaving work early, getting the kids settled, grabbing a quick dinner, and getting to the concert on time.

November 9, 2009: Shouldn't Ned have mentioned something about the concert by now? He knows I would have to leave work early to make it on time. He better not have forgotten. I am not going to mention it but I HAD BETTER BE GOING TO SEE MAROON 5 TOMORROW.

November 10, 2009: "Maroon 5 serenades Tech and feels the love" to a NEARLY sold-out show. See concert review.

http://www.roanoke.com/extra/wb/225888

The Skinners (all four of us) were at home eating a frozen pizza.

I guess I answered my own question. I never told you about the time that I saw Maroon 5 because I've never seen Maroon 5.

Love,
Allie

No comments: