Samantha and Jack

Samantha and Jack

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year (if you say so).

So after what can only be described as a pathetic New Year's Eve (even for a 40-year-old mother of two), I got up early this morning to go get the kids from Nana and Papa where they spent the past two nights so I could work while Ned is on his training trip in Georgia. Yep-- that's right. Georgia. Atlanta, GA-- site of the Chick-Fil-A bowl. Ned assures me that the site of the training trip was decided long before the bowl selection and that it was just pure luck he was already going to be down there for the game.

Anyway, I digress. I go to my parents' house and decide that I'm going to run to Winston-Salem for some quick shopping-- I've got gift cards, Kohl's cash, Williams Sonoma cash, etc. that I'm dying to use. Rather than leave my Mom with all three kids (my niece Katie was there too), I decide to take Katie and Samantha with me. About 20 minutes from Winston-Salem, Katie throws up all over the minivan and herself. Ned's minivan. So, I have to turn around and go back to my parents' house. Which means no shopping and the major chore of cleaning up Katie's mess. So, like I said, Happy New Year to me.

Oh, and if that wasn't enough, I had the pleasure of watching an Alvin and the Chipmunks movie on HBO tonight.

Lest you fear that I'm about to wig out and go Sylvia Plath on you, Jack has been so sweet and loving and downright cute that I ended up having a lot of fun with him this evening. We danced around the house and he fell asleep in my arms. Bear was more interested in "Alvin and the Chipmunks." In fact, she told us that our dance music was too loud and she couldn't hear her movie. You can guess what I told her.

Love,
Allie

No comments: