Samantha and Jack

Samantha and Jack

Monday, April 6, 2009

Shaggy Jack

I know that I've been bad about keeping up with my blog for the past few weeks. But I have been crazy busy. So busy that I haven't seen "Law and Order" in almost 3 weeks. In fact, I missed a NEW original episode of L&O on March 25. I haven't really been on Facebook either. Hopefully things will ease up soon. Last night I did complete a few posts that I had started but never finished.

So, anyway. Jack has been in need of a haircut for about 2 months. But Ned (I think living vicariously through Jack) insisted that we wait to cut it. However, it was getting out of hand. Check out Shaggy Jack.
If you look closely, you can see one of his four teeth on top peeking out. Anyway, Bear, Jack, and I had an appointment to get our hair cut last Saturday. Ned (who wanted to be there for Jack's first haircut) asked if Miss Karrie would cut his hair too. So, all four Skinners and my Mom were off for cuts and, in my case, color.

Surprisingly, Jack was terrific. He sat pretty still and I LOVE his cut. These are just a few of the pics.




Bear's hair looked cute too. And Miss Karrie braided it and curled up the ends (which Bear loves).


And, finally, Daddy got a new do. And a shampoo. He was in heaven to have someone touch his hair and massage his scalp. Apparently, you don't get that at a barber shop.
Unfortunately, the day was not without problems. While at my parents, Jack fell on the ceramic tile and got a massive bruise/bump on his head. I went into a panic (think Natasha Richardson) and finally called the pediatrician on Saturday night. The doctor told me what to watch for and Jack was and is fine. It was still pretty scary though.
On a final note, I don't know if I mentioned that Ned is on his way to the Masters. Before he left for NCAAs and I left for Richmond, the light in our bathroom went out. It's a hard one to change b/c it's in the middle of the ceiling and tough to reach. It's also a little hard to figure out. Anyway, I think Ned and I have been waiting to see if the other one would change the light bulb. We haven't mentioned it to each other but I've been waiting to see if he would do it. Well, he didn't. So, I grabbed a ladder tonight and managed to change it myself. It was pretty difficult because of my height and our inside ladder isn't that tall. Bear watched me in case I fell off the ladder so she could call 911.
If Ned reads this, I hope he's ashamed of himself.
Love,
Allie

No comments: