Today is Palm Sunday. It was a pretty big deal at church. The cherub choir sang (along with the Angel choir and the full choir at a certain point). They sang a song called "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord." Bear was awesome. Then the children walked around the church with palm branches. It was pretty moving; I welled up. But, I well up over a lot of things anymore. For example, have you heard those OnStar commercials on the radio? I haven't heard one of those yet that hasn't made me cry. I clearly have hormonal issues.
I thought Bear and Jack looked great. Doesn't he look like a little boy? Where has my baby gone?


How Jack acted is another story -- not such a big boy. Ned took the kids up front for the children's message. I couldn't see them b/c it was so crowded. But boy could I hear Jack. He didn't shut up for the entire message and apparently crawled away from Ned into a pack of kids. Ned had to send Samantha in there to find him. And this is all happening in front of the entire church. Needless to say, Ned and Jack left church early.
I went to the library this afternoon to get some work done without distraction. It closed at 5pm then I ran to buy groceries, stuff for dinner that night, baby supplies, etc. I called Ned to say dinner would be ready at 6:30pm. I had to stop and get gas so I didn't get home until 6:15. Which meant dinner wouldn't be ready until 6:45 because it would take the biscuits 20 minutes to bake. Anyway, Ned came unglued. "I've been babysitting all afternoon... You said 6:30 for dinner... Jack was fussy all afternoon..." I reminded him that I had been at the library WORKING and not out shopping or doing anything fun. He asked me when was the last time that he went out and did something fun for himself?
Did I mention that he is leaving tomorrow to go to the Master's and a concert in Augusta?
Love,
Allie
No comments:
Post a Comment