Tomorrow (or later today) I turn the BIG 4-0. How in the heck can I be 40 years old? Where does the time go? It's so cliche to say but the time really has flown by. I don't feel 40; isn't 40 supposed to be the new 20? But knowing that I am turning 40 has made me much more aware of every wrinkle and gray hair. Or could it be that teacher of Samantha's who asked me if I was her grandmother the first day I showed up to pick her up from school? And this teacher was no prize herself. The first thing that popped into my head was to tell her that not everybody has kids when they are 15 years old but I managed to restrain myself.
To that end, I've been reading up on skin care and wrinkles. I read an article in a women's magazine entitled "What Women Doctors Know About Skincare (That You Should, Too)". In this article, they talked to six doctors who were either dermatologists or plastic surgeons and asked them about their own skin care regimen. You may be thinking to yourself "why is she even bothering to tell me about some stupid article she read." The reason is because of a few shocking pieces of information (ok, the word "shocking" may be a little strong but interesting nevertheless). Five of the six doctors regularly get Botox. One doctor said she had been getting it since she was 28 years old. Which means I'm like 12 years behind. The only one who wasn't getting Botox was 34 years old and she said she would start getting it in a few years. Are you kidding me? Is everybody getting Botox? Is that why Christy Brinkley looks so great at 54 years of age? I am now going to be completely skeptical whenever I see anybody over 40 who looks younger.
I'm not getting Botox but I am going to get a prescription wrinkle retinoid cream based on the recommendations of the aforementioned six doctors. Unfortunately, the anger/disgust/astonishment/quizzical lines in my forehead are starting to get the best of me.
Ned is supposed to let me sleep late for my birthday. Let's hope it works out.
Love,
Allie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment