Samantha and Jack

Samantha and Jack

Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend post-mortem

One would think from my prior posts that the weekend was all bad. Well, it wasn't. Jack and Bear did really well at the swim clinic. By way of background, Ned is involved with the club swim team in Montgomery County and after the swim meet against Clemson (in which the Hokies dominated), the H2Okies put on a free swim clinic for the community. It appeared to be well-received as there were a lot of younger kids and parents there. Jack and Bear were clearly the two youngest people there but it was great for them to be in the water. Ms. Jace did a great job with Samantha. I saw a little butterfly and her freestyle is really coming along. Jack got the star treatment as he had two people working with him. Ms. Emily who actually gave him his lesson and Mr. Greg who had the all important job of holding Jack's bink (pacifier for those of you who don't know what a bink is). Here are some pics:




Sunday was sort of a lazy day. My insomnia kicked in and I didn't get to sleep until around 4am. Therefore, I slept late and we all missed church. We did rally and make it to brunch at the country club. (By the way, if you are from Blacksburg, BCC's brunch is a homerun.) Bear had a birthday party to attend after naptime. Ned took her to the party and I stayed back with Jack. I basically let him sleep in my arms for 2 hours. I kept thinking that I should put him down but he was so sweet. Plus, how many more chances will I get to let him sleep like that in my arms?

Sunday night ended on a good note: I watched episodes 10 and 11 from Season 1 of Law and Order before drifting off to sleep.

Love,
Allie

No comments: