No, we haven't given one of our kids the nickname Bug. The "Bug" in the title refers to the stomach bug that crippled this family yesterday. I know. I know. You're thinking, "Am I rereading an old post? Didn't she just blog about Jack being sick and throwing up all over the place?"
Yesterday morning I received a phone call that Samantha had thrown up at school and needed to be picked up. I'm immediately suspicious because she hadn't been at school more than two hours and she didn't seem the least bit sick this morning. Plus, my stomach feels a little off and I was hoping to lay down for a half hour to see if I could kick whatever was ailing me. Anyway, I go to pick her up and I can tell she doesn't feel great. I'm not too nice to the daycare folks because I'm wondering if they are trying to play me. They just had the day off (yesterday) for snow and I HAVE to get some work done. Plus, I was planning on driving to the office that afternoon.
My frustration must have shown because, once we were in the car, Bear asked me if I was mad. I told her I wasn't mad but that I was stressed about work and I wanted both of my kids to not be sick anymore. I felt like a bad mother for making her think I was mad--she can't help it if she's sick. She told me that she had thrown up 3 times at school but that she managed to make it to the toilet. She asked me if should could watch Noggin when we got home and I told her "no." She had to lay in her bed and take a nap.
Anyway, we got home and I put her in her bed--she starts throwing up again...and again... and again. Bless her heart, she couldn't keep down anything for the entire night. In the middle of the night, she woke up and asked for a couple of sips of water and finally managed to keep those down.
After helping her for a bit yesterday afternoon, my stomach got the better of me and I got sick. But only once. Bear was much sicker. We did manage to watch High School Musical 2 together more than once.
Ned attempted to quarantine Jack so that he wouldn't get sick again--lots of father/son bonding.
Bear seemed better when she woke up this morning. However, I wanted to make sure that she got some food and drink in her before I took her to school. In the end, she never went to school but just stayed home for the day and took it easy. Her appetite is coming back and she managed to keep everything down.
She told Ned she wanted soup for dinner and this is what Ned gave her.
I told him she was only 4 years old and he should have put it in a smaller bowl like I do. She hardly touched her soup and he blamed me for not telling him to put it in a smaller bowl. Check out the size of that bowl. Did I really need to say anything?
Jack, on the other hand, couldn't get enough to eat. We couldn't put food in his mouth fast enough.
Yep. Those are mashed potatoes all over his face.
Ned is also on a rampage about our $400+ electric bill last month. He's blaming me for keeping lights on and making food in the regular oven instead of a toaster oven. Bear wanted noodles for lunch and I made her ask her dad if we were allowed to cut on the stove to boil pasta. Fortunately for Bear, he said yes.
Maybe I should remind him that watching the Golf Channel, ESPN, and VH-1 Classic also uses electricity.
Love,
Allie



No comments:
Post a Comment