I've been working pretty hard for the past few weeks because we have some things coming up that are a lot of work. That's really all I can say. Anyway, I've been trying to get a lot done during the day since I've been solo parenting while Ned's out of town. And then the phone rings this afternoon. It's daycare. They tell me that Jack has a fever of 101 degrees and that I have to come and pick him up. First of all, I'm not even sure I believe he has a fever. I tell daycare that the pediatrician won't even see him with a fever that low. In the end, I end up going to daycare and picking up both kids early. So much for a productive afternoon at work. I can't wait to have a nanny this summer.
Fortunately, my mom (once again) came to the rescue. I picked her up this evening and she is staying with me until Saturday morning. She will keep Jack at home tomorrow so I can go into Bluefield and don't have to worry about daycare calling to tell me to pick up Jack. Of course, Bear wants to stay home with Nana now. But I'm taking her into daycare. I figure Mom will have her hands full with Jack who does have a low grade fever. Not enough for the doctor to see him but enough to keep him out of daycare. It doesn't seem to be affecting his appetite though. We got dinner from Panera Bread and Jack was loving the soup and bread.
How can a 40-year-old woman be this dependent on her mother?
Love,
Allie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment