Samantha and Jack

Samantha and Jack

Thursday, March 5, 2009

My latest dilemma

Ned has basically been gone for the better part of two weeks so one would figure that he would be here to stay until NCAAs at the "end" of the month. Therefore, one would also believe that I would be able to count on him being here so I could get some extra work done (for my real job-- yes, I have one).

WRONG! I have a hearing in Charleston tomorrow. I didn't schedule it so I have no control over it. Anyway, when I told Ned about it and that, since I would be on the road for roughly six hours driving to and from Charleston, he would need to take the kids to and from daycare, he immediately starting throwing up roadblocks. He informed me that he needed to go to Chapel Hill for a "last chance" meet on Friday and that he would be there until Saturday night.

So in comes my Mom to the rescue. Ned is going to drop Jack off at her house on the way to Chapel Hill tomorrow afternoon. He will also pick him up on the way home Saturday night-- that is unless I can make it down there on Saturday. But, I'll probably use the opportunity to catch up on some things in the office on Saturday.

And what are we doing with our little blonde bombshell? She's actually going to the meet with Ned. When I reminded her that "Camp Rock" was coming on the Disney Channel tomorrow night (she made me put it on our calendar), she informed Ned that she would go with him to Chapel Hill but ONLY if he bought the "Camp Rock" dvd for her. She wants to watch it on the trip. Anyway, Ned bought "Camp Rock" and Bear is going to the swim meet. I'm anxious to see how she does sitting on the pool deck while Ned is coaching. Fortunately, only one VT swimmer is going so Ned should be able to keep one eye on her. I hope.

Tomorrow should prove to be a monstrously long day so I'm going to hit the hay.

Pray for Bear (and Ned).

Love,
Allie

No comments: