Jack still doesn't sleep through the night. I'm reading a book that my friend Jennifer loaned me entitled Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems by Dr. Richard Ferber. It's a pretty popular book. Anyway, I started the book before Thanksgiving. The first chapter was appropriately called "At the End of Your Rope." It really did the trick. I read it and slept like a baby. That is I slept until Jack woke me up at 1:00am in the morning.
Over a week later and I'm still on Chapter 2 b/c something is always getting in the way of my reading--- washing clothes, the blog, Law and Order. I think I may need to reprioritize getting through the book though. Jack woke up no less than 4 times last night. He has to be teething or something but WHERE ARE THE TEETH???? I've been blaming his lack of sleep on teething for over two months now and still NO TEETH. Ned got up with me a couple of times too. Last night at 1pm or so, I'm discussing the Ferber book with him and telling him that according to the chart in the book, Jack doesn't get enough sleep. Plus Bear woke up at 1:30 a.m. We are a mess as far as sleeping goes. I'm laying down the law... 9pm bedtimes for both Jack and Samantha. I know what a lot of you with young children are thinking. Ned and Allison let their 4-year-old and baby stay up until 9pm????!!!! Well, to be clear, getting them both to sleep at 9pm would be a vast improvement.
The Christmas trees saga: Bear's tree is up and we found a small one and put it in Jack's room. Only the one in the basement to go. Bear and I were feeling so good after we decorated her tree that I painted her toenails. She thinks she is hot stuff although she keeps pointing out that the nail color is not the same as that on my toes. The kicker is, her color is a lot nicer than mine. I picked too dark a shade because I couldn't find my favorite, Grand Central Carnation, when I got my last pedicure.
In a bit of good news, someone commented on my blog! Thanks Darrell! I modified some settings so you should be able to comment without signing up or registering or any of that nonsense. I'm still working through some kinks. For example, see the family picture where Jack is chopped in half. I'm going to see about fixing that.
Also, by this time next week, I will have loaded music on my iPod. I am going to open it and read the directions. I just hope there aren't a lot of Law and Order reruns on TNT in the next week or so; that might throw a wrench in my plans.
Love,
Allie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment