Unbelievable. Not only did Dr. Stapleton confirm that Jack has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease but he also has strep throat. At least he can take an antibiotic for the strep. Fortunately he isn't really acting sick. But Ned left town at noon today for women's ACCs and I have oodles of work to do. So what do I do? Pawn my sick son off on my parents. I'm the worst mother. In all fairness, my mom practically begged me to help out with Jack. In her words, "he will have my undivided attention." How could I not let her help? Wouldn't I be like some teenager who gets pregnant but doesn't give the baby up for adoption when that is clearly the best thing for the baby? If mom helps, he avoids daycare and gets a chance to get completely better; there's no way I could get any work done and keep him out of daycare all week. I still feel guilty. But I am thankful she was willing and able to help.
Perhaps out of guilt, I decide to treat the one child still with me (Bear) to a special treat. I picked up dinner for us at Panera Bread AND purchased High School Musical 2 and High School Musical 3. So, currently, Bear loves her mommy. My mom and Ned said I should look at it as a chance to spend some special time with just Samantha. So that's what I'm going to do.
Nope. I still feel guilty about Jack. As a coping mechanism, I'm going to start a new book tonight-- "Mr. Darcy's Daughters."
Love,
Allie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment